Solar water heating systems
Depending on the size, type of boiler, family members, as well as the time the boiler is on, the boiler in our homes spends on average anywhere from 30 to 50% of the monthly bill during the summer season, and 40 to 60% during the winter season, not in cases when the central heating is also with electricity. A highly recommended alternative for saving electricity, in this case, is the installation of solar water heating systems.
Solar water heaters use solar energy to heat water and have two main components: a solar collector and a tank.
The solar collector is mounted on the roof of a building. Solar water heating systems can produce enough hot water to meet most of your daily hot water needs.
Benefits of installing a solar water heating system:
• Reduction of up to 80% of the energy previously used for water heating.
• The use of renewable energy reduces the emission of carbon dioxide.
• The lifespan of these solar systems is on average over 15 years.
• Returning the cost of investment for 3-4 years.
• Such a system needs very little maintenance.
Several types of configurations are available at different costs, and there are companies operating in Kosovo that enable the installation of such solar systems. The average cost of installing a solar water heating system with a capacity of 150l for a family of 4-6 members is €600-800.